Saturday, February 4, 2017

February Message

Now the schedule starts to get crazy....

We've got a lot going on in the coming months, so I wanted to give you a heads up on the schedule.
(See links for the upcoming song at the bottom of the page)

Side Note: Stake Choir is every Sunday until Stake Conference (February 19th), @6:30 PM in the Stake Chapel. 

  • February 5th: Fast Sunday, no choir
  • February 12th: Choir - read through "Fill My Soul With Peace" that we'll be singing for Ward Conference in March, and introduction to other upcoming pieces.
  • February 19th: Stake Conference

  • February 26th: No choir - I am traveling

  • March 5th: Choir - I know it's Fast Sunday, but we will begin work on  "Fill My Soul With Peace" that we'll be singing for Ward Conference on March 19th. (We may begin working on an Easter song as well)
  • March 12th: Choir - continue work on "Fill My Soul With Peace" that we'll be singing for Ward Conference on March (We may begin working on an Easter song as well)
  • March 19th: Ward Conference - Choir holds final "Fill My Soul With Peace" rehearsal prior to singing in sacrament


More schedule will be posted soon - currently, we are waiting on word of whether or not we will sing on Easter. That will change a few things. At this point, I am tentatively planning for it, so we do not get caught off-guard. 

March 19th (Ward Conference): Fill My Soul
Monthly Theme: The Atonement of Jesus Christ
Difficulty: Moderate
Description: This is one of the most moving songs I know. Written by Rob Gardner for the Joseph Smith the Prophet movie, this a capella piece brings the Spirit in by the truckloads (sorry, couldn't think of a more appropriate analogy...). While the melodies aren't very difficult (except for those crazy high tenor parts, which I am rewriting! Bear with me!), this song requires a lot of dynamics and finesse. Because of this, I hope to start practicing it in February, and hope that everyone can memorize the piece as much as possible. 

Sheet Music: Fill My Soul 
Recording: Rob Gardner's Fill My Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment